Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking The Spine and is a fun way to see what books other bloggers just can't wait to get their hands on!


So Much More by Kim Holden - March 29th
Love is strange. It comes out of nowhere. There’s no logic to it. It’s not methodical. It’s not scientific. It’s pure emotion and passion. And emotion and passion can be dangerous because they fuel love…and hate.

I’m now a reluctant connoisseur of both—an expert through immersion. I know them intimately.

When I fell in love with Miranda, it was swift and blind. She was the person I’d elevated to mythical status in my head, in my dreams.

Here’s the thing about dreams, they’re smoke.

They’re spun as thoughts until they become something we think we want. Something we think we need.

That was Miranda. She was smoke.

I thought I wanted her. I thought I needed her.

Over time reality crept in and slowly dissected and disemboweled my dreams like a predator, leaving behind a rotting carcass.

Reality can be a fierce bitch.

So can Miranda.

And I can be a fool...

who believes in dreams.

And people.

And love.

Everyone loves Bright Side, and it's been sitting on my Kindle for months. I haven't read it yet because I don't really like having my heart shredded for no happy ending. This book though, I can get behind! Best of all, it's suppose to have a HEA. 
I like the cover, too!



7 comments:

  1. So, I tried Bright Side a few times and couldn't ever get into it. I felt like the odd man out. I'm hesitant to try this one, although it sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I think I'm going to steer clear of Bright Side Amanda! I'm all for having my heart shredded along the way if things end well, but if they don't? No thanks. If this has an HEA though, I'll be good to go:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The synopsis sure doesn't sound like there's an HEA in the horizon. Lol. I'll take your word for it, Amanda.

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am super excited for this because I loved Bright Side ad enjoyed Gus from her. This sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this sounds really interesting! The summary doesn't exactly scream HEA, but that's awesome it has one (I don't usually mind either way haha)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I don't know if this is for me. On one hand it looks good on the other... shredded heart. :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm liking the cover as well! Good pick, sounds good at least :D

    ReplyDelete