Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: Books My Views Have Changed On

Hey, ladies!



It's Top Ten Tuesday by The Broke and The Bookish! This week's topic is ten books you feel differently about after some time has passed. That can be good or bad, whatever you please!


I don't tend to change my views too much on what I read, so this is a pretty short list. In no real order:



4. Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling

I disliked this series from the get-go, but the more time that goes by the less I can tolerate it. I just do not understand why this damn series is still so popular. 


3. Charley Davidson by Darynda Jones

Started this series last year and was initially kinda "eh" about it. I actually stopped at book four last summer and didn't pick it up again until this year! I'm glad the desire to try again hit me, because it got so much better with time.


2. Confess by Colleen Hoover

I liked this book a lot when it first release, but after doing a partial reread a few months ago, I see it isn't Hoover's best work (which she's even said!). However, I do love the cover...and just realized there's a woman's face behind the letters. 


1. Mister O by Lauren Blakely 

Finished it Sunday, and rated it 4 stars immediately after completing the audiobook. After thinking about it a bit, I'm dropping it to 3. 


What about you? Which books have you changed your views on?

8 comments:

  1. YES! Someone else who isn't a HP fan!! I have tried, really I have. I made it to book 3 and then got bored outta my mind. I keep hoping some day I'll change my mind, but I just can't get into it like everyone else! Glad I'm not alone.

    Confess is definitely my least fav or CoHo, but I still love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so love the cover for Confess as well, it's absolutely gorgeous! There are a number of books I read early on in my blogging life that I know if I read now I wouldn't feel the same way about, and it's always interesting to think about why that is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the first Darynda Jones book but haven't gotten to it yet. I'm glad the series improved for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't notice the woman's face on the cover until I read your comment lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still need to read the Darynda Jones series. I have the first one though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I still have't read HP so I don't know how I feel!I actually liked Confess a lot - Ugly Love is the one I liked less after some time actually. I really want to read the Darynda Jones books!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I never saw the woman on the cover. I still need to read it. Love Jones, and the Potter series will always be near and dear to my heart..it is tied to my children's childhood and so many memories. Mister O i am 50% done with, not nearly as good as my last listen of hers.

    ReplyDelete