It's Top Ten Tuesday by The Broke and The Bookish! Today's topic is all about character names we'd use for kids/pets/cards/whatever you fancy. Since I don't want a child in the immediate future, I'm going with names I'd use for pets.
I currently have three dogs and one cat: Nola (dachshund), Pike (toy aussie), Layla (Mastiff) and Salem (cat). Pike, the only boy, is actually named after a character from Robert Crais' Elvis Cole mystery books.
Because I'm completely crazy, dog obsessed (it is part of my job, so there's that excuse) and dying for pup #4, I'm seriously excited for this week's theme!
In no real order....
10. Fraser from Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
I love this name, and feel it's pretty gender neutral. It's at the top of NextDog list.
9. Fallon from November 9 by Colleen Hoover
Even though the character is a woman, I'd still use it for either gender.
8. Archer from Archer's Voice by Mia Sheridan
Love this for a boy. I think it flows well with the other dogs' names, too.
7. Alex from Burying Water by K.A. Tucker
I'm one of those weird people that really likes human names for pets, and would use this for boy or girl.
6. Miles from Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover
I'm not sure if I'd actually use this, since one of my brothers has the same middle name, but I do love it for a boy.
5. Calla from Nocte by Courtney Cole
Cute, short girl name. A bonus is that is has the A ending my other two girls have.
4. Mercy from Mercy Thompson by Patricia Briggs
This would be so fun and spunky for a girl.
3. Hemingway, after the novelist
This would be for either.
2. Merit from Chicagoland Vampires by Chloe Neill
For a girl.
1. Kate from Kate Daniels by Ilona Andrews
Girl, of course!