Sunday, October 2, 2016

The Sunday Post/It's Monday, What Are You Reading?

Hey, ladies!




The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead. It's Monday, What Are You Reading is a fun weekly meme hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date where we share what we've read and reviewed over the past week and what we plan to read next. 


Happy October, everyone! I'm so excited for it, since it's probably my favorite month (that or December...it depends on if it's closer to Halloween or Christmas), my dog's birthday is coming up, and this is when north Florida starts getting the faintest hints of fall weather.

Speaking of that, the windows were open one day, and it was glorious. Okay, so it was like 80-82 degrees still, but there was a lovely breeze and the humidity was a shockingly low 45%. I'll take what I can get. :p



I skimped on steps a few days (exercise does not help with cramps. They lie when they say that), but made up for it in the cooler weather!


Sunday - 10,268
Monday - 10,479
Tuesday - 8,089
Wednesday - 4,624
Thursday - 12,861
Friday - 15,310
Saturday - 13,174

Total - 74,805



This was a fantastic reading week! Lots of fantastic stories, and I even started and finished two books yesterday. 


This Week's Recap







Coming Up

October Recap

Top Ten Tuesday: My Favorite Villains

Waiting on Wednesday

TBR Thursday

Cover Lust, No. 42


Read This Week

5 stars!
Guess who's back, back again...Kate is back, tell a friend!
 I was thoroughly disappointed with the last installment in this series, but my faith is fully restored. That ending, though...I need the next book, stat.
2 stars!
I will not be continuing with this serial series. The "heroine" takes the hero's daughter away from him for no reason, and is a complete nutjob. She's lucky she didn't get hit with a custody lawsuit. 
3 stars!
I've finally pinned down my biggest reason for being annoyed with JLA's writing: each and every heroine reads the same as the next, without fail. Nothing makes them stand out!
Audiobook
5 stars!
Ovary explosion. That is all. 
4.5 stars!
It's impossible for me to not like something L.H. Cosway writes.
Review to come!
3 stars!
It was...okay? Really shallow, but quick and not terrible.

4 stars!
I thought for sure this would be a 5 star read up until around 70%, but then some things happened that set my teeth on edge and felt completely unnecessary and cumbersome to the otherwise smooth plot. Still, it was a great story, quick and with a very refreshing hero! These two authors are a bit "meh" apart, but together their stories work well.
5 stars!
I loved this. I loved it so damn much. Couldn't put it down and finished it in a few hours. Highly recommend!




Currently Reading

Audiobook. Only a chapter or two into it, neutral so far. 
You simply have to pick of Transfer after Retrieval. The cliffhanger was brutal, and this story?! Just as good, and my poor heart. 


What Will I Read Next?


I think it's time to pop my M/M romance cherry!










5 comments:

  1. Ah I need to get through the rest of the Off Campus series and get to The Goal. October is my favorite month too. Glad your weather has been better. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love Aly Martinez' book covers. I've not read a book by hers before. I'll be on the lookout for your review. I quite enjoyed Playboy Pilot as well. I think I know which part of the story you were talking about. Lol. I felt just as frustrated. :)

    Have a great week and month, Amanda!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait for the audio for the IAndrews book!! And woot you did great on your steps :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've never read an m/m romance?! I hope you like the one you are going to read. It's on my wishlist. But yeah, love m/m romance in general. lol

    Glad you are getting some cooler weather! I finally am too.

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love October! Halloween is my favorite. :)

    I think I need to read Retrieval asap.

    ReplyDelete