Monday, December 19, 2016

I Messed Up | Book Tag

Hey, everyone!

I saw this tag while poking around on BookTube, and thought it looked fun and easy. ;) It's a partial list, but let's jump right in!

1. 
A person's appearance you misread and imagined differently


Curran! I always pictured him as dark haired, not blonde. It wasn't until book...I dunno, 6 that I registered he was blond. I much prefer a dark haired man, so I guess I just put my preference in and glossed over his description.




2.
A character name you've been mispronouncing


Feyre. I bought the audio version of the book just so I could figure out how the hell to pronounce her name. I was mentally saying Fear-re or Fair-re, but no. It's pronounced Fair-uh.


3. An overused trope that is your guilty pleasure


Friends to lovers, hands down. Show me that on a synopsis and I'm sold.



4. A cliche character type that you like better on screen rather than reading about

That's a hard one for me, since I almost never watch Tv (save for some HGTV and Outlander, of course). Maybe a tortured hero type of cliche? I think an actor can pull of the emotion and create more sympathy from the watcher, where a book character - depending on the author's skill set - can sometimes be exhausting and frustrating.



5. Have you ever (or wanted to) skipped a chapter from the point of view of a character you weren't interested in?

Yup. Several times!


6. Have you ever cancelled social plans to read a book?

What social plans? :p I do not do people 95% of the time, haha. 



6 comments:

  1. Hahaha! #6. ABSOLUTELY. ALL THE TIME. And when I can't get out of it, I bring the book with me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have screwed up that name too for sure!! I so rather read than go out most times!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bhahaha...I do not do people most of the time, either!! Lol. I love my book friends - you can all relate!

    I had no clue that's how you pronounced Feyre!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had the opposite issue on #2 lol I bought the audiobook so heard it correctly, but had no clue how it was spelled :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so bad at figuring out the pronunciation of certain characters! hah There needs to be a website where people say the name's out loud, like those baby name websites, you know?

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL! I like #6. I think right now I don't do people either. :p I think I will always mispronounce names in particular... but at least you know I read it. :D

    ReplyDelete