Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Book Boyfriends

Morning, y'all!


Today's post is on book boyfriends. You know, those wonderfully illustrious, sinfully sexy, swoon worthy men that have ruined you for real guys....this  sums that feeling up, doesn't it?



I have an embarrassing large collection of these book boyfriends. I may or may not have an entire Goodreads shelf dedicated to my men. It's seriously bad, people. Luckily, this is a very common affliction in the book community, and I'm in good company. ;) I thought I'd share with you my top five book boyfriends, the ones who are just so good they're at book-husband level, haha. Even with that, it was so hard narrowing it down!



(This is in order)

5. Fisher 
from Fisher's Light by Tara Sivec

I loved Fisher. He had so much baggage, had seen so much violence, hate and pain, and I just wanted to help him. His dedication to his recovery and management of his PTSD and to repairing his relationship with his wife was beautiful, and there are few things more attractive than admitting to and owning up to your mistakes in life.

"I'm going to fix this. I have to fix this... I hate every moment that I'm away from her, but I will do whatever it takes to find the man she once loved and bring him back to her."






4. Jericho Barrons
from the Fever series by Karen Marie Moning

The ultimate alpha male! He's the complete package with his insane confidence, protectiveness, unapologetic attitude for who and what he is, mystery, intelligence, and pure sex appeal. I've rarely ever panted so hard as I did when I read this series.

"I'm the one who will always watch over you. Always be there to fuck you back to your senses when you need it, the one who will never let you die."






3. Archer Hale
from Archer's Voice by Mia Sheridan

Oh, Archer. Few books have been uglier cries for me than Archer's Voice. It is by far one of the most beautiful, passionate, and heartbreaking love stories I've ever read. The characters' connection is staggering, and Archer trying to navigate life for his girl made me swoon and cry my eyes out at the same time. He's tied with our next casanova for 2nd place.

"I want to be able to love you more than I fear loosing you and I don't know how. Teach me, Bree. Please teach me. Don't let me destroy this."





2. Till Page
from Fighting Silence by Aly Martinez 

Till was damn near close to being #1 on this list. He's sexy, sweet, tender, protective, and stands up and supports his younger siblings when he's broke himself. He's madly in love with his girl, and he is passionate in his sport. I don't care what you do, if you're passionate about it there is nothing sexier to me. He's in his very early twenties, and is rapidly loosing his hearing. The struggle he had, and the couple's coping, was beautiful.

"I knew I'd never be the same when I lost it to the silence. I'd happily give up every noise in the world if I could just keep her laugh."




1. Dex Foray 
from the Experiment in Terror series by Karina Halle

There is no one better than Sexy Dexy. He's one of the most unusual love interests I've read: he's short, he's both a fearless man and a scared little boy, he's honestly a little bit crazy and he can be the dirtiest bastard and then the sweetest lover. He also has a filthy mouth and some of the best swear words and come backs. I love a man who can make me laugh. He's perfect. <3

"I was head over heels in love with her. No, that didn't describe it. I was tear my fucking heart and throw at her, beg her to take it into hers. I was falling from the greatest heights with no safety net. I was giving everything of my own life for hers, giving up every inch of my soul so she could wear it proudly. I was a former king on my knees before the queen. A jester begging for a chance. I was powerless, helpless and at her mercy."
That's one of my favorite quotes.



Bonus! Tie for #1. Gilbert Blythe
From the Anne of Green Gables series by L.M. Montgomery

My very first book boyfriend, before I even knew there was such a thing. The steadfast devotion and love he has for Anne takes my breath away, and his boyish nature and knack for mischief makes me love him all the more.
I want my own Gilbert Blythe. Even movie Gil is to die for!

"I have a dream. I persist in dreaming it, although it has often seemed to me that it will never come true. I dream of a home with a hearth-fire in it, a cat and a dog, the footsteps of friend - and you!"

"You know... that every day I would pick a different memory I had of you. And I would play it over and over and over again in my mind, until every detail, every hair, every freckle, every part of you was exactly as I remembered it."






There seems to be a bit of a theme with my guys. Intense, devoted, passionate, dark haired, intelligent....

Who are some of your BBFs?

- The Bibliophile Babe 


5 comments:

  1. The ones I'm interested in are always fictional. But my first choice would always be Curran from the Kate Daniels series. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great list. Fictional boyfriends... even when you want to kick their arse they are still so perfect. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmm Barrons would make my list, so would Curran :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes, Barrons!! I want to read Archer's Voice and The Experiment in Terror series as well. Good to know the heroes found their way onto your book boyfriend list! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. BAAAARRRRRRROOOOOONNNNNNSSSS! *falls down dead just thinking about him* I couldn't love him more if I tried. I'm thinking it might be time for a Fever series re-read, it's been too long!

    ReplyDelete