Tuesday, June 2, 2015

May Wrap-Up

Hey, y'all! It's time to recap the books I read in May. The book's genre, point of view, date I finished them, and my rating will be below each title.

I'm taking the Goodreads 2015 Reading Challenge, and have set my goal to 220 books for this year. As of this post (written last night, and since then I've finished another book), I've read 126, putting me at 57% complete and 35 books ahead of schedule.


20 books were read in May. Three were did not finishes, four were short stories/novellas, and the rest were full length novels.



5/2/15
New adult, contemporary, I-haven't-a-clue-wtf-is-going-on. 1st person POV. 
5 stars.



Donners of the Dead - Karina Halle
5/2/15
Adult, horror romance, historical-ish but does NOT read like it. 1st person.
4.5 stars. Halle's writing has never been below 3.5 stars for me, and all but two have been 5 star or more reads.



5/5/15
Young adult, paranormal romance. 1st person. 
2 stars. Gorgeous, gorgeous covers on all the books in the trilogy, though.



5/6/15
Adult, dark erotica. 1st person
I have no idea what I read...but I liked it. 3.5 stars.



Loving Mr. Daniels - Brittainy Cherry
5/6/15
New adult, contemporary romance. Dual 1st person.
2 stars. I wanted so badly to like this, but I just...didn't. At all.



What Wendy Wants - Nikki Sex
5/7/15
Erotic romance, 3rd person. 
This was one of the most (if not the most) terrible books I've read all year. It was free on my Kindle app, and with good reason. It was so laughable it wasn't even a turn on. 



The Program - Suzanne Young
5/8/15
Young adult, dystopian, romance. Dual 1st person.
Did not finish.


5/9/15
Adult, erotic military romance. 1st person.
4-4.5 stars.



Fall From Grace - Christine Zolendz
5/10/15
New adult, paranormal romance. 
Did not finish. I read a lot of indie/self published books. A lot. I'm forgiving of a lot of things. I just can't look over hugely glaring mistakes that keep popping up, in a story that isn't compelling enough to negate the bad writing.



5/13/15
Young adult, paranormal romance. 1st person.
3.5 stars.



5/14/15
Adult, BDSM erotica. 3rd person.
2.5 stars.




5/15/15
New adult, paranormal romance
2.5 stars. Incredibly disappointed with how this otherwise amazing series ended.



Never: Part Two (Volume 2) - Colleen Hoover and Tarryn Fisher
5/17/15
New adult, contemporary suspenseful romance
5 stars!




Maximum Ride: Forever - James Patterson
5/19/15
Young adult, romantic science fiction. 1st person
2.5 stars. So much potential, poorly executed.



5/19/15
Erotica, including: romance, dark, BDSM. All kinds of POVs.
4 stars for kinky fun.



5/22/15
Young adult, paranormal romance. 1st person.
4 stars.


5/23/15
Adult, paranormal romance. 3rd person.
3 stars



Die for Me - Amy Plum
5/25/15
Young adult, paranormal romance. 1st person. 
2 stars



The Librarian Principle - Helena Hunting
5/29/15
Adult, contemporary romance. 3rd person.
DNF at around 70% of the way in. 




5/31/15
Young adult, paranormal romance. 1st person.
2.5 stars


- The Bibliophile Babe

No comments:

Post a Comment