Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: 10 Characters You Just Didn't Click With

Hey, everyone! Happy September. :)




It's once again time for Top Ten Tuesday, the weekly meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. This week's theme is 10 Characters You Just Didn't Click With. Given that I'm often the black sheep when it comes to books, I had a hard time narrowing these down! ;) Some of these people I just couldn't stand, and others were ones I liked, but didn't form any real connection with.




In no real order:




10. Katniss and Peeta
I liked her well enough for the most part of the first book, tolerated her well enough in the second, and despised her through the third. Couldn't stand Peeta from the get go. I'm very much "Team Gale", so that might have something to do with it. :p


9. Tris
She wasn't awful, just kind of...drab.


8. Charley 

Probably my most likable person on this list. I enjoy reading Charley, I really do, but I just don't click with her the way everyone else seems to. She's easy for me to burn out on. In small doses I love her voice, in large ones she comes across as ditzy and aggravating to me. 


7. Sky
The only CoHo book I didn't click with. Sky...I don't know, she just rubbed me the wrong way. I didn't like her voice as much as the author's other characters.  


6. Auburn
I enjoyed this immensely, but didn't quite click with Auburn. Still a great read, though!


5. Dani
Oh. My. God. I couldn't stand Dani from the second we're introduced to her! For me, she added nothing to the story and her few chapters in Mac's novels made me grit me teeth. I couldn't stand her voice and faux swearing. As such, I happily marked the Fever series as complete in my eyes after Shadowfever, and haven't touched the other books. 

4. Joe Morelli
What an asshole. Stephanie had better pick Ranger in the next book.



3. Kate
I didn't click with Kate during the first book at all, but was intrigued enough to pick up the second book. I'm happy to report I'm already liking her more, and I'm only a few pages in!


2. Clark
Vivian's love interest was an enjoyable character, but as a habitual book boyfriend collector, I wish I'd've fallen for him.

1. Cassie and Ethan
I just did not like these two. #SoMuchDamnDrama



- The Bibliophile Babe

13 comments:

  1. Agree with Morelli - I was always a fan of Ranger!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on Morelli!!!! I was so strongly in favor of Ranger I had to stop reading because I couldn't handle it when she kept going back to him. And I just don't see two alpha guys like them being okay with her flitting back and forth as she does. RANGER ALL THE WAY!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm feeling ya on some of these. Kate in book one it took me a bit to get used to. Dani took me until her book (Iced?) before I kind of liked her *cough* lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting list. I didn't love Kate until the second books, she progressiely gets better. I know what you mean about Charley, she makes me laugh, but sometimes her over the top ditzy behavior gets on my nerves too. I wasn't a huge fan of Dani until Iced, and then she really grew on me. I stopped the Screwdriver series after the second book, it just didn't work for me anymore. So I get where are coming from.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great list. I just finished Up To I Do by Samantha March and I could not click with her MC Emerson at all. It was depressing a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hated Katniss and Peeta so freaking much! I can't even tell you. While I didn't hate Tris, I was mad about the ending in the last book. I was in LOVE with Four and I also love the actor they chose to play him in the movies. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have seen Tris showing up a lot today - I think I'm the only person alive who hasn't read that series yet though lol My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had Tris on my list too.
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2015/09/01/top-ten-tuesday-20/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw, I do love Peeta. haha I know people that hate him though. It's interesting to see how you can like a book but not really love the characters (especially the MC).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gasps! Charley is my homegirl. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I clicked much better with the movie characters in The Hunger Games than the book ones. I just felt a lot more emotion from JLaw and Josh Hutcherson than I did from book Katniss and Peeta. I am team Peeta though... sorry :)

    Thanks for stopping by my list :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow, this is an interesting list, and a few of these are some of my favorite characters. I am really happy to hear you are liking Kate more.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am Team Peeta, but mainly because of Josh Hutcherson as Peeta in the movie-series. Love him :)

    ReplyDelete