Sunday, November 29, 2015

The Sunday Post/It's Monday, What Are You Reading?

Hey, ladies!




The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead. It's Monday, What Are You Reading is a fun weekly meme hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date where we share what we've read and reviewed over the past week and what we plan to read next. 




I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! Mine was low-key and relaxing. My immediate family did our own Thanksgiving on Tuesday, and I opted to stay home from the drama session known as actual Thanksgiving with the relatives. I'm quite happy with that choice. ;)



The Christmas lights are up on the house now! It's still too warm to get a tree, but hopefully it'll cool down to where it won't be a sweat-fest while selecting one soon. It's been in the mid 70s for quite a while. Does not feel like it's almost December!



I feel tired, gross and crampy, so today I will be doing nothing but napping and reading. :p


I'm still really enjoying walking at night. On Friday night, I was lucky enough to stumble across this gorgeous, tiny little owl! Couldn't get close enough to it to get a clear shot, but here it is. I think it's a screech owl, or maybe a burrowing owl?


He was no bigger than a Coke can!



Steps this week:

Sunday - 11,853
Monday - 17,642
Tuesday - 13,588
Wednesday - 23,692
Thursday - 17,016
Friday - 15,335
Saturday - 11,778

Total - 110,904



This Week's Recap








Coming Up*

Book Haul!

November Wrap Up

W...W...W... Wednesday

{Book Review} Kyland OR Stinger by Mia Sheridan

Cover Lust No. 6

*as always, subject to change!



Read This Week

5 stars!

Audiobook, 4 stars!
Audiobook reread, 5 stars!





Currently Reading

I'm so torn on this one! I'm really enjoying it, but I bounce from empathy to extreme annoyance with these characters. It's an audiobook, and the narrators do a fantastic job. 

Still reading this, just a chapter or two each night. I'm enjoying it, slowly but surely. 

Only about 20% into this, and maybe it's because it's not for my mood right now, but I'm not as wowed as I was by the previous two. 






What Will I Read Next?

One of my favorite writing duos! You aren't told much about this character in the Addicted series, but I'm curious to see if my perception changers once I'm in her head. 

Audible is having a sale now through Dec. 2nd, and I snagged this and the above. Can't wait!


I'm on contempoary kick, it seems! This is the only CoHo book I haven't read. Curious about it, since I wasn't big on the first book. 





- The Bibliophile Babe




6 comments:

  1. The owl is very cool. Awesome you got a picture. Glad you loved November 9. I also have The Edge of Never on audio that I need to get to. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, that owl is so adorable! We have decorations and some lights in my house for Christmas, but no tree yet either! We normally get ours closer to the holiday so we can have it longer afterwards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How pretty! I would love to see an owl up close and personal. Sigh. Well, up here in Canada, Winter is in full session. It's bitterly cold.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You rocked your steps this week. And that little owl, what an exciting and special encounter. Nice to see 5 stars for November 9, still deciding whether to wet my toes with her!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel like Losing Hope is better than Hopeless. I hope you like it. I'm really glad you enjoyed November 9!!

    Glad you had a nice holiday break! And awesome step counts!

    ReplyDelete