Sunday, March 13, 2016

The Sunday Post/It's Monday, What Are You Reading?

Hey, everyone!



The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead. It's Monday, What Are You Reading is a fun weekly meme hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date where we share what we've read and reviewed over the past week and what we plan to read next. 


I think I can speak for everyone when I say that Spring Forward time absolutely sucks. It's a monstrosity that needs to be done away with.

Aside from that, not too much going on here. A busy work week, but that's no problem. It's starting to creep into the too-hot-to-be-outside weather here in north Florida, and I'm not excited for it to get even hotter. It was a little nicer yesterday, and we should have one more cold snap though. 





A good walking and yoga week!

Steps this week:

Sunday - 15,189
Monday - 15,544
Tuesday - 17,260
Wednesday - 19,098
Thursday - 17,357
Friday - 15,267
Saturday - 17,774

Total - 117,489



This Week's Recap






Coming Up*

Bookish Confessions: Favorite Format
Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Books on My Spring TBR
Waiting on Wednesday
{Book Review} Fire Touched by Patricia Briggs
Cover Lust, No. 17

Read This Week

5 stars!
This series is quickly going to the level of Mercy and Charley for me. Audiobook
5 stars!
Okay, okay, okay. I now get why this series is such a big deal, and it should be everything I don't like (historical, time travel). Despite that...wow, I loved it. It's the first book shelved on my "Best Books of 2016" shelf.
I would like a Jamie, please. 
4.5 stars!
I wasn't sure about the switch in narrators, but I wound up loving her! Audiobook

Currently Reading

40% in and enjoying it, thought I have a bit of a book hangover from Outlander. I love that Adam is finally speaking up!


What Will I Read Next?
This is the perfect series to just binge read.
I've been a bit hesitant to start this one. Sweet Filthy Boy was one of my top books for 2015 and an all time favorite, but the other two books in the series (Dirty Rowdy Thing and Dark Wild Night) were just okay for me. To be perfectly honest, I'd love to see Mia and Ansel get another book.
However, I'm starting to be in a contemporary mood, and I'm curious to see where this goes!

I feel strangely compelled to read this one, even though I couldn't get into the Throne of Glass series. 

- The Bibliophile Babe



6 comments:

  1. Oh man I tried reading Outlander many moons ago, but I can't get past two pages of chapter one. Lol. The book is so dense! I'm glad you enjoyed it, though.

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really need to read Sarah J Maas. I've heard nothing but good things about her books. Hope you have a great week!

    SP & STS
    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know
    Also, check out my 5th Blogoversary Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh, I'm not ready for too hot to go outside weather, unless I can jump in a pool right away. Right now it's back and forth between somewhat nice and lots of rain. haha

    I'm hoping to try some Yoga this week. Been doing some pilates the past two weeks and I want to mix the two - see what works for me.

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to know you liked Outlander. It's so nicely written, but the themes aren't for me! I can totally understand why it's so loved though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh I need to hurry up and listen to book 3 of CNeill!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't even try the Throne of Glass series. I can't with all that hype and the series isn't finished, ugh. I did read A Court, though...it's good!

    Another great week of steps - great job! I agree about daylight savings time. Seriously, why can't they just leave it as it is?!

    ReplyDelete