Friday, January 13, 2017

Cover Lust, No. 51

If Skylar Evans were a typical Creek View girl, her future would involve a double-wide trailer, a baby on her hip, and the graveyard shift at Taco Bell. But after graduation, the only thing separating Skylar from art school is three months of summer…until Skylar’s mother loses her job, and Skylar realizes her dreams may be slipping out of reach.

Josh had a different escape route: the Marines. But after losing his leg in Afghanistan, he returns home, a shell of the cocksure boy he used to be.

What brings Skylar and Josh together is working at the Paradise—a quirky motel off California’s Highway 99. Despite their differences, their shared isolation turns into an unexpected friendship and, soon, something deeper.

Compelling and ultimately hopeful, this is a powerful examination of love, loss, and resilience.


I dunno why, but I'm strongly drawn to the signs on this cover. Also, I still need to read this!

7 comments:

  1. So want to read this one, too but I'm scared. I sense angst. Eeep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes to both - the cover and you need to read it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm curious about this one as well. I also admit that the sign caught my attention as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read it when it came out. It was just an okay read for me. A lot of angst and if I remember right the ending was open.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard good things, but never read it myself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm digging the cover on this one as well :)

    ReplyDelete