Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Top Ten Tuesday: Favorite Tropes

Hey, everyone!


It's Top Ten Tuesday by The Broke and The Bookish! This week's a freebie, and I'm going with my recent favorites when it comes to tropes. Let's jump right in!


10. The sibling/aunt/uncle raising a kid



I've read a few of these types of books, where a relative is raising the kids of the dead or absent parent. It sounds morbid (and it kinda is, actually...), but the few I've read have been good!


9. The happy, charming hero


Don't get me wrong, I can get behind (or in front of ;)) a broody hero. However, I'm getting a bit sick of it. Happy, smiling and charming heroes are my current weakness!


8. Animal lovers


I'm a huge animal lover, as my house full of pets can account for. I love to see that from characters!



7. Surprise pregnancies


I don't even know why. At all. 



6. Perfect banter


Great banter takes a book to a whole new level!


5. Royalty 


Again, I don't even know why. I freaking love it, though!


4. Road trips


Because road trips!


3. Couple does not break up halfway through


Seriously, it's so refreshing to get this trope. 


2. Slow burns


I've never really been a fan of slow burns, but lately I'm appreciating them more and more!


1. Friends to lovers


Hands down, my all time favorite!



8 comments:

  1. Oh I am starting Cocky Bastard today and had no idea there was a road trip! Love so many of these tropes too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love road trips, slow burns, and I also love second chance romances, lots of witty banter, antagonistic romances and a great friends to lovers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 8,6,1 are my faves as well. Such a good list. You have me curious about a few of these as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Only one I've read is Royally Screwed. Need to read quite a few of the other ones you listed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really do love friends to lovers, and good banter! Yes that's a top one for me too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been seeing Torre around and haven't tried her yet. I love road trips, so added that one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these tropes too, but one of my all time favorites is the enemy to lover.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I definitely like some of these tropes too (in moderation).
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2017/01/24/top-ten-tuesday-93/

    ReplyDelete