Sunday, December 6, 2015

The Sunday Post/It's Monday, What Are You Reading?

Hey, ladies!




The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead. It's Monday, What Are You Reading is a fun weekly meme hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date where we share what we've read and reviewed over the past week and what we plan to read next. 



Christmas preparations are in full swing around here! The outdoor decorations are up, the chalkboard wall is all spiffed out in Christmas sketches, and the tree was set up on Friday. Living in Florida, we have to get trees from Lowes or similar places, but it was still quite fun. Took two of the dogs, and found a gorgeously bushy tree.

Notice how there's no lights on the bottom half, haha. Such is life with dogs. 


Despite it looking like Christmas, it's still way too hot for it, with temps in the mid 60s to mid-upper 70s. This time last year it was in the 20s and 30s!



Not too much work this week, but still pretty busy between planning my own business, running my other blog, and the Christmas cheer. It's been fun!


Steps this week:

Sunday - 11,602
Monday - 15,215
Tuesday - 20,986
Wednesday - 16,636
Thursday - 14,609
Friday - 10,219
Saturday - 16,674

Total - 105,941 
Bonus: Total for the past month: 454,432 steps/207.2 miles





This Week's Recap








Coming Up*

What Makes a 5 Star Read? OR Confessions of a Book Addict

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten New-to-Me Favorite Authors I Read For The First Time in 2015

Waiting on Wednesday

Cover Lust No. 7 

{Mini Review} Dirty Rowdy Thing by Christina Lauren 

*as always, subject to change!




ARCs
Yessssss! I've been dying to read this since I read the first two King books earlier this year. <3
Here are my reviews for King and Tyrant , books one and two in the King series.

Thia is prim and proper.
Bear is leather and lawless.
It will never work between them.
It's a lie they almost believe...

It is necessary to first read King and Tyrant to fully enjoy Lawless.





Read This Week

Only two this week, one audiobook and one physical book!

4 stars! A heartbreaking, eye opening romance with a very satisfying happy ever after. 

4 star read, despite the shit cover! Bit slow to start, but wound up really enjoying it. It was interesting to see a heroine that isn't the badass I've become accustomed to in PNR/UF. Mercy was a little more "average" than say, Cat (Night Huntress) or Kate (Kate Daniels/Magic series). 





Currently Reading

About halfway through this audiobook, and really enjoying it! I'm a little underwhelmed given how insanely 5-6 stars rated this book is, but maybe it'll go up from the 4 star it's shaping up to be. 




What Will I Read Next?




 I will not lose another person I love. I will not let history repeat itself.

Vincent waited lifetimes to find me, but in an instant our future together was shattered. He was betrayed by someone we both called a friend, and I lost him. Now our enemy is determined to rule over France’s immortals, and willing to wage a war to get what they want.

It shouldn’t be possible, none of it should be, but this is my reality. I know Vincent is somewhere out there, I know he’s not completely gone, and I will do anything to save him.

After what we’ve already fought to achieve, a life without Vincent is unimaginable. He once swore to avoid dying—to go against his nature and forsake sacrificing himself for others—so that we could be together. How can I not risk everything to bring my love back to me?


 Under the rule of science, there are no witch burnings allowed, no water trials or public lynchings. In return, the average law-abiding, solid citizen has little to worry about from the things that go bump in the night. Sometimes I wish I was an average citizen...

Mechanic Mercy Thompson has friends in low places-and in dark ones. And now she owes one of them a favor. Since she can shapeshift at will, she agrees to act as some extra muscle when her vampire friend Stefan goes to deliver a message to another of his kind.

But this new vampire is hardly ordinary-and neither is the demon inside of him.

I may or may not try and tackle another in the Charley Davidson series. I enjoyed the first few books, then got frustrated with Charley. However, the early reviews for the latest book have me so curious!


- The Bibliophile Babe





7 comments:

  1. Yay for the Christmas tree! We are decorating today and I can't wait. Happy to hear The Edge of Never audio is good. I have it but just haven't gotten to it yet. Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, yay for getting your Christmas tree all set up! My uncle brought one over for us on Friday night so it's mostly decorated - we just need a few more lights. LOL

    enjoy all your great books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! So funny how your Christmas tree looks half-lit. I dig it, though. :D Oh and that cover of Lawless is yum. Lol.

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed Moon Called but have as yet to read any more in the series. Time!!
    I didn't think it ever got down to 20 or 30 in Florida so found that surprising. We are used to it being warm to hot in Christmas, so would love it to be cold.
    You didn't put you link in my the way, not sure if you meant to and forgot! I just came through your comment on the post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like I need to dd the first two King books. We are done decorating, although hubby put up outdoor lights and one set blew up the others. So frustrating. Hope your week is delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A chalkboard wall? Please post a picture! That sounds awesome! Yay for decorating - I wish you had the cooler temps to get the full holiday affect. Come up to Ohio - you'll get your fill! Lol. We're actually having an unseasonably warm fall. It's cold, but not super cold. I'll take it!

    Happy reading this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Edge of Never is one I've wanted to read. And I understand about the dogs thing. I had to buy a little coffee table and a small tree to put on top of it so that my male dog won't pee on it. :-) Looks like a good haul this week!
    Check out my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete